Qualifications and Training
Dr. Klapper is a sought-after expert who frequently lectures and reviews journal articles. Dr. Klapper believes that staying active in the field of ophthalmology and oculoplastic surgery helps him offer the best possible techniques to each of his patients.
- Diplomate, National Board of Medical Examiners July 1, 1993
- Diplomate, American Board of Ophthalmology June 7, 1998
- Recertified, American Board of Ophthalmology January 1, 2009
State of Indiana
February 26, 1998
Peer-Reviewed Journal Review
Dr. Klapper is in a select group of ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgeons called upon to periodically review scientific articles prior to their publication in the main peer-reviewed journal of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- Scientific Reviewer, Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (USA) 2000-present
- Scientific Reviewer, EYE (United Kingdom) 2007-present
- Scientific Reviewer, Graefe’s Archive Clin Experiment Ophth (Germany) 2011-present
REVIEW A COMPLETE LIST OF DR. KLAPPER'S PUBLICATIONS.
REVIEW A COMPLETE LIST OF DR. KLAPPER'S PRESENTATIONS.
Bachelor of Science with High Distinction 1984-1988
Indiana University School of Medicine (I.U.M.C.)
M.D. with Honors 1988-1992
Medical and Surgical 1992-1993
Methodist Graduate Medical Center
Department of Ophthalmology 1993-1996
Baylor College of Medicine
Chief Resident 1995-1996
University of Ottawa - Eye Institute 1997-1998
- Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Cosmetic Eyelid and Facial Surgery
- Orbital and Oncology Surgery
- Lacrimal Surgery
Honors and Academic Awards
- Dean’s Academic List, Indiana University 1984-1988
- Phi Beta Kappa 1988
- Thompson Research Scholarship, I.U.M.C. 1989
- Honors Program in Academic Medicine, I.U.M.C. 1989-1991
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society 1991
- Rinker Medical Scholarship (top 10% of class), I.U.M.C. 1991
- Academic Achievement Award, I.U.M.C. 1992
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE SURGERIES & TREATMENTS PROVIDED BY DR. KLAPPER.